Thursday, January 6, 2011

Visual Impact Muscle Building

After much research on the internet and years of experience in the gym, I have decided that my workout routine for 2011 with be the Visual Impact Muscle Building program created by Rusty Moore. The program's goals match up with mine pretty closely. Namely, create a lean, muscular physique that enables me to perform well athletically, is impressive on the beach (ah, summer, so far away), and still looks good in a suit (my current work uniform).

I began Phase 1 yesterday, January 5, 2011. This phase will last 2 months and will be followed by 2 more 2-month phases and a shorter "bonus" phase. In this phase my workouts are focused on producing rapid muscle growth through short workouts (30-45 minutes) with high repetitions (6-12 range) at low weights. I've decided to only work my upper body in the gym because my yoga practice, soccer, running, and cycling take care of the lower body.

I'm starting at 199 lbs. on my 6'1" frame. From past experience, I'm not expecting that number to change to dramatically. Typically, I've seen that my weight will fluctuate maybe 5 to 10 pounds while my body composition can vary drastically. I'm going to try to get on a body composition scale here in the next few days so that I can more accurately track changes in fat mass, muscle mass, and muscle hydration. I'll post those numbers when I have them and I'll follow this post with more accurate numbers from my workouts over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment