Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 2 Complete

Another one bites the dust!  Week 2 is behind me.  I survived Thanksgiving without really overdoing it (although I'm still working me way through leftovers).

In fact, I decide this morning to re-dedicate myself to a clean diet.  The basic principles that I'm putting in place today (and of rest of my six-month challenge) are:

  • Meals every 4-6 hours
  • No snacks in between meals -- drink water/tea instead
  • Last meal by 7 p.m. every night and no food after that
  • Weekly 24-hour fast -- possibly two in later months
  • Most of my carbs in the morning and post-workout, less carbs in the evening
  • Focus on timing of slow-release and fast-release carbs -- fast in the morning and post-workout, slow in the mid-day and evening
  • No alcohol, except for the occasional glass of red wine with friends
  • No coffee, some tea -- especially herbal -- and lots of water
  • Emphasis on creating an alkaline digestive environment through focus on vegetables at each meal with lean meats and healthy carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment